SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Procurement Specialist for SMG/McCormick Place. Supports the McCormick Place/SMG Purchasing Department including, but not limited to, processing and distributing all requisitions and purchase orders, processing, maintaining and confirming statutory compliance for all contracts, processing Request for Quotes and providing overall support to the department. Assists with purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, supplies and services from vendors to meet the needs of user departments within the McCormick Place facility while ensuring SMG policies, procedures and statues are observed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews requisitions for completeness and accuracy, follows up on any discrepancies with the initiating user department.
- Processes requisitions into purchase orders and any resulting change orders.
- Corresponds with vendors regarding pricing, product and/or service availability and delivery.
- Maintains cooperative working relations with vendors to stay current with trends and technologies, products and services.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs through the procurement of goods and services.
- Assists Purchasing Manager in analytical review, recordkeeping and managing of all vendor contracts.
- Interacts with staff or their designees to assess departmental requirements, establishes projects as requested and tracks the progress of projects.
- Serves as liaison to vendors and user departments, providing guidance relating to purchasing procedures and issues associated with contracts and/or bids.
- Assists the Purchasing Manager in preparing and managing high quality, consistent and accurate procurement documents.
- Coordinates with user departments to prepare and issue accurate, consistent Request for Quote documents.
- Analyzes and compiles quote and bid results and completes the administrative processes to prepare recommendations to user departments.
- Performs clerical and technical support to the Purchasing Department throughout each project procurement process.
- Plans for future procurement opportunities based on user needs and reviews and maintains the Master Contract List.
- Conducts research to expand outreach to vendors, including Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises regarding upcoming and current procurement opportunities.
- Monitors the insurance tracking system to ensure that all contractors maintain their current obligatory insurance coverage.
- Maintains an electronic document filing system that archives documents and allows for easy department access and retrieval of documents and information.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Management, Finance, Public or Business Administration or a related field is required. In addition, any prior purchasing or Supply Chain exposure/experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to take tasks that are not clearly defined and appropriately define problems and propose and implement solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of PC software, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of financial software preferred. Experience with Solomon preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours to attend outreach events
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.