SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Event Manager for SMG/Navy Pier. Responsible for providing professional client services support in the planning, organization and management of events within the facility. Monitors the logistics of these events and all event coordination tasks after booking and through to their conclusion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all facility staff in delivering facility services for events and resolves event related problems.
- Directs and participates in the pre-event
planning, reviewing any past history of the event, initiating correspondence
and conferences with the event planner, their suppliers and SMG staff.
- Compiles and reviews event and contractor
charges with appropriate SMG staff and event planner, prepares proper documentation
for invoice preparation and assists in the follow-up on collections.
- Conducts post-event meetings with the event planner
and their contractors as necessary to evaluate services provided.
- Conducts tours of the facilities for potential
customers, explains services and facilities available, describes how they may
best be used by the event, and determines the needs of the potential event.
- Assists with preparing pricing estimates for
- Monitors and ensures compliance with contractual
responsibilities of all parties.
- Prepares pre-event planning documents and
- Ensures compliance with all facility and
appropriate governmental rules and regulations by the event planners and all
service providers working on the event.
- Provides clear, concise and timely communication
of directives to other departments.
- Implements facility rules, regulations, policies
- Maintains the proper image and generates
positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Works with internal service partners to provide
quality service to customers.
- Serves as Liaison for all facility clients to
ensure highest level of customer service for all external service providers.
- Establishes new standards of customer service by
working with departments in the facility.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of principles of facility
management, services and equipment for a similar facility
communication skills both verbal and written.
organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to
prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to
coordinate the work of others in delivering various facility services.
- Ability to adjust
work schedule to coincide with events.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 312.791.7000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.