Position: Marketing Specialist Position
Position location: Jacksonville, FL
Council Website: www.nfcscouting.org
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
We are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation and benefits.
The Candidate selected will:
- Assist with creating and implementing the Council’s marketing strategy.
Maintain and update the Council websites in a timely and accurate way.
Create social media posts through Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram.
- Act as primary interface for all marketing initiatives and website activity.
- Assist in development with marketing collateral for events and activities.
- Ensures National policies on branding are followed in printed material, patches, shirts and hats.
- Understand and utilize the national membership and marketing brand center.
- Develop and manage the design of programs and brochures or other related items for Council and district activities and programs.
- Coordinate and execute online registration for all Council, district programs and activities and distributes reports to the appropriate people(s).
- Onsite social media promotion at selected events and activities.
- Responsible to engage adult volunteers to update and maintain BeAScout.org pins in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist and attend activities and events as required.
- Administrative and other projects as assigned.
- Proven experience in marketing and design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of office management and marketing principles.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software, Canva or similar program, social media and online applications.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law. (Information on this may be found at www.scouting.org).
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required.
- Candidates must provide examples/portfolio of professional work (not work that was used for academic study).
- Candidates must provide a writing sample.
- BS in Marketing, Communication, Journalism or relevant field.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
North Florida is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $38,520, benefits are offered to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer vacation and holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, resume with salary history, professional examples of marketing collateral to which you developed and a writing sample, to “email@example.com” only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.