Business Intelligence Analyst
We have a great opportunity for a Business Intelligence Analyst to help us transform data and provide accurate and timely decision support to our construction and engineering business units. In this role, you will be required to find new ways of using data to build impactful narratives through reporting for our various business units. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, demonstrated success in developing persuasive reporting, and the ability to juggle competing priorities while delivering results.
There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. At Kiewit, we pride ourselves on our high standards, a collaborative spirit, and a commitment to excellence. Whether mentoring a team member, partnering with one of the industry’s top experts, or applying your skills to the job at hand, you are a professional who is looking to shape the future of our industry. When you work at Kiewit, there is a common drive to succeed that bonds you with your colleagues. Our family-minded culture means we take care of each other, too. Here you will feel united in triumphs and challenges and you will have fun and inspire each other every day.
Current position will be based in Omaha, NE but this individual will need to be willing to move after a few years to another district office location within Kiewit.
• Work with the Operations Controller team to clearly define business reporting needs as we analyze risk and opportunities within our various business units.
• Extract, transform, clean, and prepare data from various enterprise sources to conduct impactful analysis and thoughtful interpretation of business unit results for senior leadership.
• Collaborate across business units to proactively identify improvements to current processes and reporting practices.
• Follows the Corporate Compliance Program and works in conjunction with the compliance department to implement all EEO and labor laws at the project level
• Maintains highly organized work environment, understands importance of time management, and communicates in a clear, concise and effective manner
• Identifies, adjusts, and reviews forecast and budget issues with the cost report to confirm proper recognition of cost and revenue
• Understands intercompany and client billing process workflow, importance of timely and accurate billing documentation, and the effects of timeliness on cash management
• Ensures that all cost and cost adjustments are reviewed for accuracy to meet company standards and accounting rules
• Reviews costs, quantity claiming, budget structure and exception reports and makes appropriate corrections to ensure accurate reporting for management
• Open-minded, creative, and collaborative focus with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges
• High levels of natural curiosity in the business impacts of what the data reveals - driven to understand what data means and how it should drive the recommendations
• Requires proven analytical skills with ability to organize, maintain, process and analyze large amounts of information and complex issues
• Proven ability to communicate findings in a clear, concise manner whether verbally, graphically, or in writing to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
• Strong background and experience in data analysis utilizing various data visualization programs such as Tableau or similar software
• Experience with SQL, Access or other database reporting tools
• Self-motivation, strong work ethic, with a high attention to detail
• 2-5 years of related experience in analytics or enterprise reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Analytics or closely related degree
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.