P1800167 - Access Services Coordinator - Accessibility Resources
Accessibility Resources is UB’s Center for coordinating services and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to ensure their equitable access to all programs, services, and benefits of the University through individualized review, planning and collaborative implementation across campus. Providing a safe, welcoming, and comfortable approach that values disability as a vital contribution to diversity, we put meaningful participation opportunity into practice. Access Services Coordinators have a variety of shared responsibilities in a supervised professional work group across multiple concentrations including Testing Support Services, Notetaking Services, Auxiliary Aids and Services and Consumer Support Services.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated strong administrative, organizational, and communication/interaction skills
• Ability to explain and interpret service and accommodation procedures to AR consumers—students, faculty, staff, and advocates
• Ability to work in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner with consumers, some of whom are experiencing emotional stress related to intersectionality of limitations imposed by disability vis-à-vis access barriers
• Demonstrated integrity and sound judgment
• Ability to function professionally with fast-paced, complex, detailed, changing and occasionally stressful workflow required.
• Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, Access and database records management
Experience working with students with disabilities. Supervision experience.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.