Software Engineer- Fulltime 2019
Software Engineer (University Graduate)
The next product that sparks a trend. The next promotion that draws a crowd. The next show that sweeps the nation. Connecting the world to what’s next is what drives us. Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world's population.
We are presently looking for Software Engineers to be a part of Nielsen’s Watch Technology team.
The Watch Technology team works with the latest technologies running on open source big data platforms and deployed on a public cloud to deliver products that provide audience measurement and analytics across all devices where content is consumed. We are the global leader in both television and digital measurement.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build Spark applications that leverage our massive data assets and run in cloud environments
- Optimize what you build using the latest technologies and open source platforms
- Partner with our data scientists to understand the logic behind Nielsen applications
- Engage with a team of like minded engineers focused on leveraging the latest Agile and DevOps practices to stay nimble while still maintaining high levels of quality
- Ability to clearly articulate your thoughts and communicate with others
- Passion and desire for learning and applying new technologies
- Desire to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment
- Willingness to take ownership of quality and supporting our customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field or similar level of certification/experience
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming (Java, Python, C++, etc.)
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and tools (Jira, Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Completion of a technology focused internship or research project
Top reasons to work for Nielsen:
- Open culture where fun, collaboration and happiness is key
- Significant opportunity to innovate and work with all pieces of big data technology stack
- Influence on providing useful media measurement and analytics to clients around the world
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.