Warehouse Operator (Contract)
With more than USD 1.4 bn in revenue, Satair Group is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Airbus SAS and a world leader in sales and distribution of spare parts for aircraft maintenance. We integrate the entire aerospace value chain connecting both ends of the aerospace aftermarket.
Every day our 1,000 employees at 10 offices and locations around the world work hard to build and sustain supplier relationships and to support airlines and MROs in optimizing their spare parts management, maximizing their distribution networks and realizing their business potential. We are devoted to creating innovative and reliable solutions for our business partners, continuously lifting industry standards. What we do is so much more than distribution, support and service. We deliver excellence. We connect people and business partners all over the world.
You will get a challenging job in an innovative, growing, global company with a world-class service ambition. Our culture is non-bureaucratic, with a hands-on professional approach and always focused on how Satair Group can help our customers and suppliers become more competitive in the long term.
Responsible for moving items through and out of the warehouse in a safe and clean manner, following priorities and instructions given by the Supervisors in the Americas region. The warehouse operation is 24 x 7, 365 days a year and will require shift work. This position is designated as essential personnel (subject to mandatory attendance - incumbents in essential positions are required to attend their normal place of work when the facility is closed).
This assignment is expected to be approximately 3 months in duration. Open to consider part time assignments as well.
- Receive and inspect parts into the Satair Group IT Systems and put stock away in correct location.
- Pick and process orders in the correct priority sequence according to established performances targets; packing parts for safe shipment according to shipping instructions and applicable standard specifications (ATA300).
- Prepare shipping documents.
- Participate in special project.
- Perform order quantity changes, material bins changes and confirm in the Satair Groups IT Systems
- Perform cycle count inventory.
- Inform supervisor of any process, inventory or system issues immediately.
- Adhere to all processes and procedures such as hazardous materials, safety, OSHA, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to successfully complete hazardous material training.
- Ability to successfully complete crane training
- Entry level warehouse experience
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements and ability to work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Ability to communicate in English, both in writing and verbally
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Familiarity with using computer systems, preferably SAP, MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Decisions could impact the cost for transportation of all types of goods globally. Both hazardous goods as well as standard parts.
- Able to resolve rudimentary issues without supervision.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Able to meet daily KPIs for pick, pack, inspection, and binning targets.
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved communication on a frequent basis with internal parties only
- Carrying: Able to carry up to 50lbs
- Hearing: Able to hear to participate in phone and in-person conversations also able to hear sirens, alarms and other emergency signals.
- Lifting:Able to lift up to 50lbs - 125 lbs 2-person lift
- Pushing / Pulling: Able to push/pull items over short distances and on occasion.
- Sitting: Able to sit for long periods of time in meetings; drafting computer-based documents, sometimes with limited breaks.
- Speaking: Able to speak and conduct conversations often for extended periods of time in meetings, negotiations and training.
- Written Communications Able to provide user instructions and notifications in a clear, understandable manner either via messaging or printed documents.
- Squatting / Kneeling: Able to occasionally squat and and to replace or retrieve items from low storage.
- Standing: Able to stand for long periods of time, touring vendor facilities, traveling and similar activities.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and place on assignment to Satair USA, Inc.
SATAIR USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
As a matter of policy, SATAIR USA, Inc., does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.