Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work or related field and 2 years of paid work related experience or a combination of Bachelor's degree in any field and 3 years of paid related case management experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess auto liability insurance.
- Use of personal automobile is required to perform field activities.
- Must pass extensive background screening process, including a drug screen and polygraph exam.
- Must be willing to be trained in defensive tactics and be certified to carry OC (Oleoresins from Capsicum) and TASER.
- Facilitates the investigation of cases referred to the Probation Department by the Court.
- Collects all appropriate background check information available on assigned youth and families for assessment utilizing the resources of the Probation Department and the Court.
- Completes risk assessments, coordinates substance abuse and psychological evaluations, develops dispositional recommendations in accordance with departmental policy, and presents written/verbal summaries to the Court.
- Provides supervision of youth on probation according to assigned caseload (i.e. General, Gender Specific, Mental Health, Sex Offenders or youth in placement).
- Monitors progress of established case supervision plans utilizing resources of the Probation Department and the Court, conducts visits to homes, schools, etc., maintains contact with social service and law enforcement agencies as needed, signs complaints, and facilitates the physical arrests of youth and adults under supervision in violation of the law and/or Court Orders.
- Utilizes best practice models sanctioned by the department, such as EPICS (Effective Practices in Community Supervision) and/or Carey Guides and BITS (Brief Intervention Tools) to address criminogenic factors that impact recidivism.
- Engages clients, teaches problem solving skills, and provides evidence-based interventions and assign homework directed towards successful outcomes for youth.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of IV-E and Reclaim requirements associated with case management and ensures the requirements are met as established by Departmental policy and State statutes.
- Prepares and maintains all case documentation, reports and materials within prescribed timeframes.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the caseload practices of the Probation Department in order to assume specialized cases at any time.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Court and community resources with the ability to make appropriate referrals to same.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the principles of evidence based practices endorsed by the Department and the Court.
- Attends required training.
- Performs the duties of the Duty Officer for the Probation Department's intake process.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as administratively assigned.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.