Associate Banker (Management Development Program)
IBERIABANK’s Management Development Program (MDP) focuses on developing the next generation of leaders (Associate Bankers) in the financial industry through hands-on learning experiences. With unparalleled credit training, professional development, daily interactions with experienced bankers and exposure to IBERIABANK’s executive leadership, MDP associates receive a well-rounded introduction to the financial industry.
Based in New Orleans, Louisiana, the program is designed to develop each students' banking skills and expose them to various aspects of the Company with the intent of placing each associate in a permanent position upon completion of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn a wide range of concepts, programs, and services designed to prepare for an assignment in any of IBERIABANK lines of business (focus on credit and commercial banking)
- Learn and demonstrate a proficiency in the following skill areas: analyzing financial statements, making quality loan decisions, and effectively communicating with customers.
- Work directly on important projects and will be working side-by-side with experts in our organization. Perform special projects or assignments outside of the formalized training program, as may be assigned.
- Complete all prescribed training satisfactorily prior to placement into appropriate center assignment. Complete any additional training as recommended by the manager, either during or after the program
- Develop skills through access to formal training, job shadowing, networking sessions with Bank leaders, and by taking on leadership roles in various volunteer activities sponsored by IBERIABANK
- Participate in on-the-job training that allows for the practical application of certain concepts and behaviors referenced within the classroom and to experience a diverse array of client interactions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related major. Course work in finance, economics, and accounting preferred with interest in Commercial Banking
- GPA requirement of 3.0 or higher
- Relevant experience (ex. summer internship) highly desired
- Demonstrate leadership, a strong work ethic and interest in community service
- Connectivity to the Company’s geographic footprint
- Willingness to travel and/ or relocate to any location in IBKC footprint for first assignment
- Verbal commitment to remain with IBERIABANK for at least 3 years
- Team player with strong analytical, problem solving, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be interested in developing a career as a:
Business Banking Relationship Manager
Commercial Credit Underwriter
Commercial Relationship Manager
Deposit Products Analyst
IBERIA Wealth Advisors Portfolio Manager
Loan Portfolio Manager
Profitability Manager – Finance
Treasury Management Sales Officer
After completion of the program, candidate must be willing to reside in either Miami, Naples, Orlando, or Tampa, FL.