Police Records Specialist
About The Position
The Police Records Specialist performs customer service assistance to both internal and external customers, complex record keeping to include compiling statistics, data entry, filing, proofreading, scanning, retrieval of police reports and other forms, maintenance of computerized records management system, queries state and national criminal justice information systems, and other clerical work as needed. Depending on the assignment, the Police Records Specialist may also make entries to state and national criminal justice information systems.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Enters, queries, and retrieves information on various computer systems.
- Completes all ACJIS functions following national and state mandates and instructions.
- Provides customer service to the public, departmental personnel and other agencies.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls by routing them to the appropriate Section member or by researching various paper and computer files to respond to inquiries.
- Handle difficult situations which may occur either by telephone or personal contact.
- Processes citations, final dispositions, long form submittals, and public/governmental records requests timely.
- Prepares various background and/or departmental report requests timely for courts and prosecution.
- Opens, sorts, distributes daily mail, citations approaching court date and Officer citation requests.
- Handles cash and prepares deposits.
- Redacts and provides reports according to policy.