DISTRICT DIRECTOR, Financial Reporting
Organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the accounting functions of The School Board of Miami-Dade County. Implements and maintains the centralized accounting system, which includes tax funds, federal and vocational funds, and the internal funds of the schools. Prepares fringe benefits adjustments to the payroll system.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
1. Directs and determines the appropriate accounting practices.
2. Performs the downloading, analysis and summarization of the general ledger from the SAP system for the preparation of financial reports.
3. Directs the preparation and performs reviews of the Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Report, and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
4. Coordinates all audits. Supervises the research and correction of all findings.
5. Provides accounting support system-wide to all school and central administration locations.
6. Directs the design and writing of all interdepartmental procedures manuals.
7. Provides technical accounting guidance to finance/accounting and other departments.
8. Maintains current knowledge of all accounting standards, including implementation of new Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) accounting pronouncements.
9. Directs the capitalization, reconciliation, depreciation and financial reporting of capital assets in accordance with School Board policies and governmental accounting standards.
10. Reviews and accounts for grant funds in compliance with statutory/regulatory requirements and accounting procedures.
11. Performs other duties comparable to the above, as assigned by the immediate supervisor or Controller
1. Certified Public Accountant or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance.
2. Knowledge of and experience with personal computers and large-scale mainframe computers and networking the two systems.
3. Minimum of five (5) years of professional accounting experience. Experience in governmental accounting preferred.
4. Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
5. Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
6. Evidence of analytical skills as demonstrated by previous work experience.
If interested in applying, M-DCPS has implemented a web-based registration and application tool thru e-Recruiting, for new candidates and/or current employees. Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp Use internet Explorer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Please attach a RESUME, COVER LETTER and TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION dated within one year.
If there are any questions, please contact Ms. Lourdes Rodriguez, Recruiter at 305.995.1136 or Mr. Jorge Rubio, District Director at 305-995-7247.