Project Assistant, Global New Business Development
APCO Worldwide’s Washington, D.C., office is looking to hire a Project Assistant to join our Global Business Development team. By joining our DC team, you will be joining colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
The Global Business Development Assistant plays an integral part of our new business process – helping to keep creative development, content development and other work streams organized against firm deadlines.
- Supports and facilitates new business development efforts for APCO globally
- Distributes new business leads and manages weekly global new business pipeline and monthly analytics reports
- Works with project teams on pitches and proposals for new business by conducting background research and media scans and compiling relevant company credentials and experience
- Assists in proposal and pitch preparation, particularly with editing, formatting, and creating charts and graphics for documents or decks in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Facilitates requests for design support with the design team and opportunity owners within the company
- Communicates with all regions to share best practices
- Provides support for proactive initiatives for potential new business opportunities
- Assists with APCO seminars, events, dinners and meetings around issue topics that would interest prospective or existing clients
- Facilitates information sharing between regions by maintaining presentation and pitch archives, and samples of work on company intranet
- Helps to carry out other new business outreach activities as assigned
- Prior public relations agency or in-house communications experience (including internships). Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Prior internship or work experience in an agency, public affairs, political campaigns, social media, public relations or Capitol Hill preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business management, communication, journalism, public relations or related field
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Digital/social media fluency
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task project requests
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.