Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT currently has open positions for a large multi-year rehabilitation project on the Pennsylvania Turnpike/ Qualified candidates will apply standard field inspection and engineering procedures on ongoing activities during and after construction for quality, general safety and conformance to plans, specifications and codes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Review and interpret plans, site layouts, specifications and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Performs routine tests materials
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, and elevation of structures, fixtures and/or pavement to ensure compliance to plans and codes.
- Gathers and maintains record documents
- Make field notes and computations
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Active driver’s license
- Pennsylvania Turnpike experience and/or PennDOT experience
- Mechanical or electrical experience is a plus
- Live within one hour of Milepost 186 of the PA Turnpike a plus
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Job Proficiency
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce