Architectural Engineer (Commercial)
SSOE Group is seeking a full-time Architectural Engineer with focus on building electrical power, lighting, and grounding systems for Healthcare, Education, and Commercial projects. Applicant will act as electrical team member on selected projects, complete designs using 3D drawing software, assist Professional Engineers (PE’s) and BIM / CAD operators, as well as act as support on multiple projects.
Must have good communications skills and exposure to project design, construction, and software design tools. Position includes options for career advancement through successful project execution, mentoring, client management, and scope / budget management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Power Distribution (low, medium, and high voltages)
- Load and voltage drop analysis
- Work under registered Professional Engineer performing various project tasks
- Grounding and lightning protection systems design
- Complete designs using design software, directing designers, and with support from BIM/CAD operators according to project needs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree / ENTRY / 0-2
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Technical writing capabilities.
- Experience with power system design.
- Understanding of Building Codes.
- Familiarity with lighting calculation software.
- Knowledge of project design, cost and scheduling.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a design team.
- Ability to work with remote office team members.
- Experience with Revit software is preferred.
- Professional Engineering track is preferred.
- LEED Green Building Experience.
- U.S. Citizen.
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND DISABILITY ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.