Engineering Interns Summer
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that impact and drive our business. Our comprehensive Internship Program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your communication, leadership, and business acumen skills. You will have the opportunity to work with leading professionals in our industry and you’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust; and where we set big goals, rise to achieve them, and win as a team!
The Otis Global Engineering team has a summer internship opportunity for those interested in gaining experience in various specialties like Mechanical, Electrical, Design and Test Engineering. This internship offers practical, challenging, and meaningful global experiences in Engineering to help drive important business results.
Specifically, our Engineering interns will be given assignments in support of the global Engineering transformation effort, including, but not limited to:
- Embedded Software - strengthening and modernizing our engineering software development practices, which includes increasing the predictability, development speed, and quality of software-rich products.
- Systems Modeling - responsible for model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools to develop and analyze architectures, designs, and requirements of electrical and electromechanical systems.
- Controls - advancing analytical and model-based design (MBD) capabilities to implement advanced control algorithms focusing on motion control, electronic safety, and dispatching products.
- Innovation - reigniting Otis innovation focusing on opportunity analysis, exploration of new ideas and concepts, and by validating these ideas through MVPs (minimum viable products).
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement into entry-level, professional roles within the
Education / Qualifications
Selection for the Otis Internship Program will be based on the following minimum criteria:
- Be pursuing a BS in one of the various Engineering concentrations
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Technical aptitude
- Project Management capability
- Self-directed- ability to work independently
- Solid interpersonal skills
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators. We have more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. Just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.