R0103191 IVVQ Test Engineer
We are currently looking for an IVVQ Test Engineer to join Thales in Syracuse, NY. The IVVQ Test Engineer position will be required to work with internal and external subcontracting resources and to maintain productivity in a fast paced, agile development environment. This person must possess good written and verbal communications skills, be able to operate in a dynamic team environment, adapt to changing requirements and, most importantly, possess experience in the test and integration of software solutions that are primarily cloud based (Azure and/or AWS).
The IVVQ Test engineer is part of the Digital Aviation Solution (DAS) (Thales USA) team. This team is currently expanding its team to address the integration challenge of unmanned aircraft systems into the national airspace system. UAS Traffic Management (UTM) is changing aviation and Thales is seeking entry-level integration, verification, validation and qualification (IVVQ) test engineers to contribute to the validation of complex systems design including surveillance and / or command and control communications (C2). The team has identified an urgent need to grow its systems engineering team capabilities by adding qualified technical engineers in the Syracuse, NY, office.
Thales provides mission critical services to airlines, airports, and air navigation service providers around the world. Thales has created a new software as a service (SaaS) model aimed at improving aeronautical operations by leveraging cloud-based technologies (machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.). The provision of capabilities for enabling safe and efficient operation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) – also called UAS Traffic Management (UTM) – is a growing market need and one application targeted by this new product. Thales is seeking outstanding engineering professionals to assist with the development and deployment of this breakthrough capability.
- Deploy, configure, verify and validate SW system
- Support operation and maintenance of SW system
- Contribute to the writing of Software User Manual, Verification and Validation Plan and test procedures
- Create test summaries / reports
- Conduct both scripted and exploratory testing
- Work in an agile development cycle using JIRA
Required Skills and Experience:
- 0 to 2 years of experience in test engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering with minimum 1-4+ years of experience or Master’s degree in computer science, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering with 0-2+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must meet US ITAR Requirements
- Experience in air traffic management, aviation is preferred
- Cloud environment knowledge (Azure minimum)
- Redhat Linux OS experience
- Shell Scripting; preferably Python and BASH
- Programming in JAVA, JS
- Excellent organizational skills and work ethic.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with local/remote employees in a multicultural team.
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving mentality
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.