Environmental Engineering Intern
We have an excellent opportunity for an Environmental Engineering Intern at our Medley, Florida plant. The Intern will report directly to the Environmental Manager. The internship will consist of the following:
- Learn the environmental responsibilities of the Cement and Aggregate industry.
- Prepare both standardize and numeric reports.
- Conduct site inspections for miscellaneous environmental compliance programs.
- Organize the collection of facility data to maintain database for environmental permitting information.
- Assist Environmental Managers with field-testing (i.e., Visible Emissions, Water Sampling, Air Testing).
- Work independently to prepare process/water flow diagrams.
- Study and understand regulatory applicability for making compliance determinations.
- Assist the Environmental Manager with managing department capital projects.
- Work independently to prepare and communicate process/data
- Participate in the implementation of NESHAP/CISWI program
- Gain hands on experience with continuous emissions monitoring (CEMs)
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Graduate or student actively pursuing a degree in Geotechnical Engineering; Engineering Geology; Civil Engineering; Environmental Engineering; Environmental Geology; Environmental Science or related.
- Excellent communication skills with professional decorum, oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail with analytical and judgment capabilities to anticipate issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems
- Positive attitude to achieve goals and deliver results.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Able to walk, stand, and handle other environmental field assignments
1. Learn how to conduct inspections for environmental compliance programs
2. Learn to compile and enter data into environmental database
3. Learn to test quality of air
4. Learn to test quality of water
5. Learn to test emmissions