Associate Traffic Engineer
Are you interested in working on infrastructure projects?
We’re a community of individuals with different points of view who enjoy designing and building stuff. We genuinely value people who will articulate their perspectives and we're looking for an Associate Traffic Engineer to join our team.
This position requires working knowledge of traffic engineering concepts including capacity analyses, traffic signal design, striping and pavement markings and roadway signage. Familiarity with standard publications like Highway Capacity Manual, Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and AASHTO Green Book. The selected candidate will be expected to produce traffic analysis and simulation using software packages like Synchro/Sim Traffic, VISSIM and HCS. Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation is desirable.
We offer mentoring, training, education reimbursement, a bonus for your first PE license, great benefits and competitive salaries!
- Analyze traffic data including but not limited to traffic volumes, speed and crashes
- Assist in developing traffic management and control plans
- Assist in developing traffic signal timing and phasing design
- Perform traffic simulations
- Work as part of a team with designers and other multi-disciplined engineers.
- Expected to meet tight deadlines and unexpected requirement changes.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field)
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is preferred
- Internship experience is a plus
- Experience using CAD Software
- Typically 0-2 years of related work experience.
- In addition, an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is preferred.