Transportation Engineer (Entry Level)
Osiris 9 Consulting is a rapidly growing transportation engineering and planning firm located in Jacksonville, Florida. We offer services in project development & environment, transportation planning, traffic engineering and roadway design throughout Florida. We are seeking an entry-level Transportation Engineer who is self-motivated and interested in working on exciting and engaging transportation projects in Florida. This position requires attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong work ethic.
This position will be located in our Jacksonville office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the oversight of senior level staff, the preferred candidate will perform various duties and responsibilities such as:
- Conduct various traffic analysis for freeways, interchanges, arterials and intersections using software such as Highway Capacity Software, Synchro, VISSIM and/or similar software
- Analyze crash data and develop potential countermeasures, along with drafting reports based on the analysis
- Prepare roadway typical sections and conceptual roadway designs in Microstation and other related software
- Prepare/maintain MPO travel demand model, including socioeconomic data, highway and transit networks, synthesize results in reports and presentations
- Use a variety of data sources/standards, documents, reports, and surveys to facilitate travel demand model development and analysis
- Review manuals and standards necessary to carry out project work
- Present results in written documentation, plans and presentations
- Ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria; use judgment in making adaptations and modifications to produce best results; and make engineering recommendations
- Prepare and disseminate information in suitable format through extensive interaction with clients and outside sources
- At a minimum, Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (with emphasis in Transportation) or related engineering field
- 0-2 years of engineering experience
- Working knowledge of various technical software such as Synchro, Microstation, SketchUp, CUBE, ArcGIS, etc.
- Strong working experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications
- Valid US driver’s license
- Having passed or plan to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
- Experience in coordinating tasks with a professional approach and in a timely manner
- Strong, organizational, technical and communication skills
- Prior experience in the transportation field working on transportation engineering, traffic engineering and transportation planning projects
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), health, vision and dental insurance, Retirement Savings Plan with employer match, options, volunteer time off, professional development programs and trainings.
- Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
- Our office is in compliance with COVID-19 regulations, masks and hand sanitizers are provided throughout the office.
- All recipients of an offer of employment from Osiris 9 Consulting may be required to submit to a drug test and background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, education verification, driving record check, and a criminal background check. These screenings will be conducted by Osiris 9’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable local, state or federal laws.
- Osiris 9 Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.