Coordinator I, Roofing - Facilities Operations
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing maintenance and construction activities performed by District personnel and/or vendors.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
1. Directly responsible for coordinating and overseeing the design, inspection, of maintenance reroofing activities of Board-owned and leased educational and ancillary facilities.
2. Schedules, executes, and monitors corrective and preventative maintenance activities. Identifies facilities discrepancies and needs related to the physical plans, and assists in the planning, scheduling, execution, and monitoring of roofing corrective actions in accordance with Facilities Operations preventative and planned maintenance programs.
3. Evaluates actions performed by the maintenance roofing contractor and District personnel and ensures compliance with regulations, procedures and specifications.
4. Monitors budgets and controls costs. Manages assigned resources to deliver services according to plan and within budget.
5. Participates in conflict resolution, including documenting performance issues and employee behavior.
6. Uses electronic databases, scheduling applications, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and spreadsheet software programs in order to create, maintain, review, analyze, and evaluate allocation of human resources, cost per square foot, work order completion data and other information for reports to be used by various administrative levels and departments throughout the District.
7. Visits assigned facilities and meets with site administrators. Maintains a high level of customer service with vendors.
8. Keeps current with, and has a working knowledge of, federal, State, and local laws and regulations that impact the occupancy, maintenance, design and construction of educational and ancillary facilities.
9. Performs other duties related to the general administrative responsibilities of the position.
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors and outdoors and requires frequent in-county travel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field.
A high school diploma and a minimum of six (6) years of documented experience performing maintenance and/or construction activities.
2. Experience with an on-line computerized maintenance management system and project scheduling software. ·
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
4. Knowledge of Florida State Statutes, rules, ordinances and codes applicable to maintenance contracting and operations.
5. Ability to utilize various software applications to generate, interpret and manipulate data.
6. Ability to supervise personnel and/or processes.
7.Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, codes, ordinances and rules pertaining to the design, construction, occupancy, and maintenance of educational and ancillary facilities.
8. Possession of a valid Florida driver's license.
If interested in applying, M-DCPS has implemented a web-based registration and application tool thru e-Recruiting, for new candidates and/or current employees. Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Please attach a RESUME, COVER LETTER and TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION dated within one year to your profile. If there are any questions, please contact Ms. Ellen Wright-Ford at 305-995-1931 or Mr. Jorge Rubio, District Director at 305.995.7247.