Facility Services Internship - Denver International Airport
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
The Facilities Services division at DEN is seeking an Architectural/Engineering Intern to learn from the inside out what it takes to maintain and run a major international airport. This person will perform entry level architectural work in the Facilities department. This position will be involved in a multitude of different projects, allowing you to grow and learn within the dynamic environment of DEN.
This is a year round internship starting this summer and continuing for 6 or more months.
If you are a current student who enjoys variety and who is interested in learning how an airport operates in a variety of conditions and situations, and how various roles plugin to the organization this may be a fantastic opportunity to lay the groundwork for your future career.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to experience:
- Perform field investigation and verification
- Assist in compiling data for architectural project programming and business cases
- Assist in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of contract drawings for new and alteration projects
- Conduct periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents
- Prepare quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates
- Monitor architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
- Perform construction site observations
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Possess strong communication and teamwork skills
- Are currently Junior or Senior enrolled in a college/university pursuing a degree in Engineering, Architecture or Project Management.
- Ability to hold an airport ID badge
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Current enrollment in a college program leading to a bachelor’s specific to the departmental and/or work assignment. Continued enrollment in a college program is condition of employment with the City.
- Experience: None
- Education and Experience Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted.
- Licensure & Certification: By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
Other mandatory documentation required to be considered for this position:
- Transcripts - unofficial or official
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.