IT Systems Engineer
The Brevard County Sheriff's Office is seeking a qualified IT Systems Engineer to assist in the development, operation, and maintenance of our various enterprise information technology systems and supporting subsystems. This encompasses assistance on client systems as advisor/liaison to our clients in order to satisfy any current and forecasted needs. It may include both qualifying the necessary requirements and providing demonstrations of the recommended solutions prior to any formal implementation. For this, the ideal candidate should possess strong professional interpersonal qualities in addition to the technical aptitude expected from an established IT expert.
For more information and to apply for this position, you must submit an application via the Brevard County Sheriff's Office webiste: http://www.brevardsheriff.com
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems or related field and three years experience in Windows System Administration.
Associate's degree or technical diploma in an IT related field and ten years of relevant experience in Windows System Administration.
- Requires experience in deployment and maintenance of router, switch and wireless hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
- Requires experience maintaining and troubleshooting Windows Active Directory, Windows 2008, Windows R2 server, Exchange 2010/2016, SMTP, Windows 7 and 10, and Microsoft Office suites.
- Requires a strong knowledge of Microsoft Group Policy, Registry-based policy, and Security policy configuration and administration.
- Requires experience with Microsoft Windows Group Policies, File Security, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain and LAN administration.
- Requires experience with external Storage Systems and Backup Solutions such as Appasure.
- Working knowledge of VMware.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014, Microsoft IIS 7, Linux.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively.