2020 Associate I, Architectural Design
2020 Associate I, Architectural Design
Who we are looking for: Seeking December 2019 and May 2020 graduating students.
The function of the Associate I is to assist in architectural design work for newbuild, revitalization or refurbishment projects.
- Ensures the design intent is apparent and credible, and that the voice of the Executive Steering Committee and Brand Think Tank is communicated clearly and consistently throughout the design process.
- Understand and apply design guidelines & standards, CADD & drawing standards, and contract references, assisting Supervisor with oversight that project materials are delivered on a timely basis.
- Supports project team using wide range of developing professional skills across multiple phases of the design process, and learning best practices.
- Thrives in an innovative, forward thinking, proactive, and collaborative environment that brings all disciplines together and creates favorable results. Commitment to learning & growth of oneself and others.
- Upholds SQM practices throughout all design phases.
- Occasionally attends meetings with sponsors (clients). Understands importance of growth, and maintaining client / consultant relationships.
- Studies, collects, shares, compares and stores statistical information.
- Possesses cost consciousness in all aspects of work and understands importance of cost complexity balancing along with other cost control needs.
- Occasionally assists in practicality reviews to check that operational, risk or accessibility concerns are being considered in all aspects of design.
- Occasionally supports shop drawing review process, and yard / contractor coordination meetings, mockup reviews, factory visits and inspections during newbuilding process and drydock period
- Receives specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and expected results. Works under close supervision
- Stays current in industry trends and innovation through research and market knowledge
- Occasionally accepts assignments for design concepts, space planning, design development, drawings & details (elevations, sections, details) of designated venues.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Interior Design, Architecture or Design Management preferred.
- No design industry work experience required, but preferred.
- Must graduate sometime between December 2019 to May 2020.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Skills required include CADD (incl. Revite), Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. 3D skills preferred.
· Must be effective communicator with project team (and sponsor when required) exhibiting good capabilities in written, oral, and graphic media. Represents department and self in a competent professional manner.
· Is highly motivated, efficient, and organized. Has fundamental understanding of time management, with priorities being established by supervisor. Works on multiple projects, and multiple tasks under various team members. Has strong ability to maintain focus
· Ability to travel internationally or domestically 10% of the time.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, and stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10-15 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to walk to the dock, ascend and descend the vessel. This position may regularly travel domestically or internationally. Visual requirement include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.