Data Visualization Analyst
Role: Data Visualization Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Data Visualization Analyst with strong skills in Tableau and data analytics.
One of our clients, Florida Medicaid, has new business needs that require our team to expand by recruiting analysts that specialize in particular data science skills. For this role, we are seeking experienced Data Visualization Analysts who have experience working with Tableau. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team of analysts, researchers, and subject matter experts at a growing Tallahassee-based data science company.
Our team works with stakeholders throughout Florida Medicaid, often directly with Florida Medicaid Leadership, and we contribute to analytic initiatives requested by the Florida Legislature and Governor’s Office. In your role, you will have the opportunity to work with state-wide and national data sets, including Medicaid Claims data, Prescription Claims data, Vital Statistics data.
Application to Data Visualization Analyst Position
- Please submit a resume and/or CV that identifies your specific programming language skills, data visualization credentials, and/or programming and data visualization experience.
- Please also submit a short cover letter addressed to Matthew Cooper, Chief Operations Officer, that highlights (1) your applied experience working in Tableau and other data visualization software to date, (2) other programming, data, data analysis, or research skills and experiences, and (3) your experience working on team-based projects.
- Please email these two documents to Emily Saras, Director of Business Development, at Emily.Saras@knowli.com, with “Data Visualization Analyst” in the email subject line.
Note: Other Opportunities at Knowli
For this specific role we are only considering skilled, experienced Data Visualization Analyst candidates based on a specific business need. However, if you are interested in learning about other opportunities at Knowli, please do not hesitate to connect with us.
We are happy to discuss:
- internships for credit
- paid internships
- informational interviews
- other data science roles, such as Tableau data visualization or health care analysts
You may respond to this Handshake post, and please include a resume and a short cover letter addressed to Emily Saras, Director of Business Development, clearly indicating with a subject line which opportunities from the bullet points above you may be interested in.
- Develop data visualizations and dashboards for a variety of stakeholders, from Agency Leadership to the general public.
- Applies knowledge of data, data structure and analytical tools to routine to identify trends, expenditures, and utilization of healthcare providers/practices.
- Work closely with a team of analysts and programmers to innovate new data visualization reporting techniques and present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Responds to requests for dashboard development by determining user’s needs, collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and providing accurate and complete reports and information.
- Performs checks and audits of various data sources to ensure data adheres to data governance and maintenance policies.
- Presents complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Develops graphs, reports, and presentations of project results that meet client needs.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current trends, practices and developments in health care.
- Contributes in the data integrity, governance, and data structure standards and policies.
- Abides by all HIPAA, Confidentiality and Privacy laws.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job; not limited by this job description.
- We anticipate offering a competitive starting salary of between $50-80k annually, commensurate with experience and specific skill sets.
- Knowli Data Science’s Total Compensation Package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Accident Insurance
- Paid time off/Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement plan
Required Skills and Credentials
- Strong Excel and Tableau skills
- BA, AA, or other credential or certification relevant to Tableau and Data Visualization skills. We understand that some talented data visualization analysts may have not formally pursued a bachelor’s degree but may have equivalent experience or credentials.
- Examples of relevant fields may include, but are not limited to, computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, health care administration, public health or relevant programming credential or certification.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Must be excellent at multitasking and problem solving.
Please email any questions about this posting to Emily Saras, Director of Business Development at Emily.Saras@knowli.com or call 850-354-5447.