HRIS and Data Analytics Professional (0076)
HRIS and Data Analytics Professionals:
Work for Our Water Resources.
Dive in, explore your potential, and commit to a cause that matters—for today and generations to come. Take up challenges that take on greater meaning by the day. Drive a variety of projects and initiatives with life-changing impact. Be part of an entrepreneurial team that is committed to preserving one of our most vital resources. And build a career that can become your life’s work with the Southwest Florida Water Management District (District).
Join our Human Resources Office
and make a lasting impact.
Support our Human Resources Office by providing ongoing functional and technical system support to a variety of applications used in the HR function including, but not limited to, compliance, compensation and benefits, talent management, applicant tracking and learning management systems. Activities include data entry, user security administration, end user training, application troubleshooting, system configuration and the creation and maintenance of HR workforce metrics, reports and analytics. You will have the opportunity to also support numerous HR projects throughout the fiscal year. You will be responsible for intake and translation of HR business requirements into processes and systems that drive efficient and consistent execution.
The HRIS and Data Analytics Professional supports the Human Resources business processes by utilizing technology and comprehensive knowledge of human resources principles, concepts and best practices in designing, developing, configuring and maintaining human resources applications across the enterprise. The primary role is to functionally support the Human Resource Information System UltiPro as well as any other HR applications related to the employee life cycle and serve as a liaison between HR, Payroll, IT and vendors.
To be clear, this highly visible role will focus on data integrity and security, reporting and analytics, system configuration, and continuous improvement efforts for automating the HR process. This is an important member of our HR Team, so emotional intelligence is key. We have given detail to this posting so there are no surprises. We want a technical expert, who enjoys a competent team in a fun, mission-driven environment.
For helping to maintain our valuable water resources, we offer:
- Real work-life balance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic and voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Supplemental insurance
- Prescription drug coverage & mail order program
- Health savings & flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance program
- Legal and identity theft
- Wellness program
- Florida retirement system/retirement benefits
- Deferred compensation
- Public service loan forgiveness qualified employer
- Tuition reimbursement
- State adoption benefit program qualified employer
- Training and development resources
- Innovative projects
- Advanced technologies
Compensation: $58,000.00 - $70,000.00
Pay grade 115. Minimum to 32% annual rates displayed. Starting pay will be based upon education and experience.
- System Maintenance: Reviews, tests and implements HRIS system upgrades or configuration updates related to business process changes. Collaborate with functional HR, Payroll, IT, and other departments to coordinate application of upgrades or changes. Prioritizes and drives completion of system enhancements, maintenance and configuration requests.
- Production Support: Research and resolve HRIS problems or unexpected results, perform scheduled activities such as exports or third party reporting, recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet business process requirements. Develop and maintain security protocols; create, maintain, and terminate user access as required. Manages relationships with vendors and handles system escalation needs to achieve resolution.
- Reports/Queries: Write, maintain and support a variety of complex standard/custom reports or queries on a weekly, monthly, periodic and yearly basis to support department initiatives, data integrity and compliance. Executes HR metrics for the organization.
- Gather and analyze data using statistical methods, employee surveys and applications to report on key metrics, trends and takeaways across all areas of human resources and talent management.
- Develop and optimize strategic HR reports (HR Scorecard, HR dashboards, workforce planning) that are aligned with business requirements.
- Training: Support the organizational training systems by developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Assist in the development of training tools for users/managers as needed. Train end users on new processes/functionality as needed.
- System Integration: Identify methods of linking systems through interfaces, imports, exports and reports. Create and maintain effective interfaces.
- Transactional Process Design: Implements simple, defect-free and legally compliant transactional processes that empower end users with functionality to better perform their jobs. Test all changes for defect-free implementation. Ensure all processes can be measured for execution and results. Continuously improve through cost-effective enhancements. Ensure security/accuracy of data.
- HRIS Process Execution: Build process metrics reporting, analysis, auditing, and action to continuously improve costs and effectiveness. Develop SOP’s and process maps to accurately document processes.
- Cost Savings / Organizational Effectiveness: Delivers insights and analysis to lower costs and improve effectiveness by identifying patterns/root causes based on both metrics/scorecard and user requests. Ensures reports are actionable through simplicity, accuracy and causal linkage to key metrics.
- HRIS: In-depth knowledge of HRIS functions, execution and results. Able to set up, modify and execute standard processes in all core HRIS functions.
- HR: Broad knowledge of HR functions and processes including Benefits, Compensation, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Communications, and Change Management. Serves as an active participant on cross-functional project teams in the areas of benefits, compensation, compliance and training.
- HR Processes: Ability to support HR service delivery strategy through process design, execution, and metrics based on measurable business outcomes and cost-effectiveness.
- Assume lead analyst role on assigned system projects to define requirements, plan and execute testing, support change management, and transition to production support.
- Compliance: General knowledge of compliance items impacting HR processes.
- Ability to create/design advanced level reporting and dashboards, using the Business Intelligence reporting tools and other reporting tools.
- Demonstrate good judgement and discretion with dealing with highly sensitive data.
- Maintain quality, accuracy and confidentiality of employee data and organization plans.
- Have a strong aptitude of data analytics and ability to work with multiple data sources.
- Work continuously on improving performance of queries, reports and data sources using industry standard methodologies for report and/or dashboard generation.
- Responsible for the administration, performance, maintenance and enhancements within the HCM for areas assigned.
- Manages data integrity. Develop data integrity protocols between HR, Payroll, and IT. Ensures data follows regulatory and compliance legislation.
- How you work with others, how you address the work and how you apply critical thinking is very important to us.
- Organizational: Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain productivity and effectiveness in a fast-changing environment with sometimes conflicting priorities; able to prioritize workloads and resources to meet deadlines.
- Process Orientation: Into the details with a drive for perfection in design and execution. Enthusiastic about managing and measuring process. Highly organized and disciplined. Can manage multiple projects.
- Systems-Thinking: Sees how functions and processes integrate and designs linkage to create defect-free, simple to use results.
- Customer-Focused: Understands customer needs and meets them without adding costs and complexity. Helps customers adapt standard processes to achieve outcomes. Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships at all levels, and collaborating with others.
- Rigorous Execution: Builds and executes effective standard processes and metrics to track both process and results. Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the desired and measured results; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
- Measures and Improves: Uses process and results from metrics to identify strengths and weaknesses and acts with extraordinary speed to improve. Creates transparency of performance, insight, and action to all stakeholders.
- Trustworthy: Has a high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethics, and discretion. Is direct and open, builds and sustains relationships with all stakeholders. Builds workforce trust and commitment by making it easy to access, understand and execute all HR transactions through low cost, error-free, and simple processing for all team members. Must be able to handle sensitive data and maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations.
- Teamwork: Creates a positive work environment with accountability for results.
Feel free to apply if you have the below abilities and meet the requirements listed:
- Must understand system development life cycle process.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively translate customer requirements accurately.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adhere to quality standards.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Capacity to handle extremely confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex business needs and conceptualize creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills, with a keen attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels within the organization. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Developed written, oral communication and presentation/training skills with the ability to communicate with and explain technical and or end-user information to diverse audiences.
- Thorough understanding of how business strategies drive talent initiatives.
- Demonstrated technical expertise with multiple software applications and ability to learn new software as needed.
- Strong experience managing multiple high-complexity HR projects simultaneously and experience effectively communicating and negotiating resource, cost, and timeline information to our internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel with the District, periodically.
Required Credentials for HRIS and Data Analytics Professional Opportunity
- Bachelors degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university.
- Six (6) years related experience, including at least five (5) years experience with HRIS/HR System Support.
- Four (4) years Advanced Report Writing experience.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resources processes and best practices including but not limited to performance management, compensation management, training, benefits and recruitment.
- Experience providing standardized HRIS systems and processes for an employee base of 500 or more.
- Business Intelligence Reporting experience, or experience with equivalent reporting tools.
- UltiPro Software Experience: Advanced user proficiency in Ultimate Software (UltiPro), with knowledge of modules including Recruiting, Core, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Compensation Management, and Business Intelligence.
- Highly advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license.