Product Engineer - Electrical Systems
At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource - our people. Join EBAD and you'll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of product engineering including but not limited to the following;
- Develop manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies to achieve defined quality and rate goals, including training of operators.
- Create and update production technical data package documents IAW customer requirements.
- Populates product structures and routers in IFS Applications, an ERP system.
- Prepares process documentation including standard work packages, and manufacturing instructions and process specifications in a visual format.
- Develop the layout of manufacturing cell design including tooling, machinery and equipment.
- Drives continuous improvement activities including lean Cell conversion, SPC implementation and SMED.
- Review PCB Fab drawings, PCB Assembly drawings, and Electro-mechanical drawings and provide input to influence new product designs for manufacturability.
- Perform PFMEA’s and DFM’s to identify and mitigate process risks early in the design process
- Provide supplier management and development support for PCB Contract Manufacturers (New Supplier Assessment, Process Development, Assembly Support, Source Inspection, Etc.)
- Coordinate Design and procurement of Assembly Tooling, Fixtures and Work aides
- Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including technicians, quality engineers, inspectors, planner, program managers, project engineers and design engineers.
A BS/MS in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience as an electronics manufacturing engineer and 3+ years of experience.
- PCB Assembly, Electro-mechanical Assembly, IPC & J-STD Specification Knowledge
- Process Development, Writing Procedures, Working with PCB Contract Manufacturers
- Electronics Testing Experience a plus (Oscilloscopes, Meters, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing systems or Continuous Improvement and strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with configuration management practices
- Fundamental knowledge of root cause/corrective and preventative action and the ability to walk project teams and customers through the analysis.