Manufacturing Engineer Assembly
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
KOHLER Engines, a division of KOHLER Co., has powered the toughest equipment in the commercial world since 1920. KOHLER Engines manufactures small engines for riding lawn mowers, garden tractors, walk-behind lawn mowers, concrete construction equipment, outdoor power equipment, welders, pressure washers and other products. For more information about KOHLER Engines, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
Would be performing professional engineering assignments of a moderately broad scope utilizing existing technology independently. Lead engineering sub tasks involving the design, fabrication, validation, and manufacture of sub assemblies, systems, processes, and equipment. Conceives and plans engineering sub tasks to explore product or process problems with limited guidance; defines and selects new concepts and approaches to the design or development of new or improved products, processes, equipment or facilities.
1. Prepare detailed project plans, including statements of technical objectives and approaches, task breakdowns, timelines, project cost estimates and product cost analyses, submit for approval.
2. Contributor to technical assigned projects by engineers, support personnel, consultants and supplies involving design, development, prototype construction and delivery, test and evaluation and release for production.
3. Uses data to support and communicate technical decisions.
4. Participates and contributes in technical work of innovation using in-depth design and development engineering work of complexity, analytical, and/or experimental techniques.
5. Maintain project records, prepare technical, cost and other reports as requested to document progress and results achieved.
6. Make appropriate decisions using decision support tools, critical thinking, and being mindful of business impact of changes.
7. Keep abreast and aware of state-of-the-art and important events in areas relevant to engine design and development through publications, outside contacts, meetings, tradeshows, seminars and short courses.
8. Effective written and verbal communication skills to convey information to project team and manager.
9. Work to develop individual goals / objectives to support the department goals through the use of the Maximizing Performance Appraisal Process.
10. Personally demonstrate and drive the Kohler Core Competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical / Industrial Engineering Technology is required.
- 3+ years of work experience in a technical and complex industry of manufacturing components and systems.
- Experience with manufacturing engines or engine components preferred.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.