Transportation/Roadway Engineering Intern
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to senior professional engineers and technical staff across all disciplines, but focus on roadway design.
- Complete field reviews and collect data to support preparation of plans.
- Utilize existing conditions data to design and prepare plans under the responsible charge of a senior professional engineer or project manager.
- Assist with preparation of design plans, quantity calculations, cost estimates, and specifications.
- Design and support production of signing, pavement marking, drainage, and lighting plans for a variety of clients.
- Familiarity with Florida Department of Transportation systems, policies, and procedures and apply those to work products.
- Complete work accurately and in accordance with quality control and assurance procedures.
- Licensed Florida Engineer Intern.
- Working knowledge of Microstation (3D Modeling is preferred).
- Prior internship experience in transportation design or analysis, a plus.
- Familiarity with the practical application of engineering principles, practices, and techniques including AASHTO guidelines, the Florida Design Manual, or Florida Green Book.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and problem solve.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work for any employer in the United States.