Associate Engineer (2020 Power Delivery Spring Open House - DSBN)
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
To be selected for this role you must be have or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in engineering with a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
In this role you can expect to:
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects
- Works on small projects or portions of larger projects. Supports development of standards and engineering guidelines, conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations
- Leverage new technology and Smart Grid solutions to provide superior service to our customers
- Exercise project management, negotiations, performance tracking and reporting
- Communications, presentations, meetings and support
- Participate in all aspects of engineering design, permitting and construction
- Work with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs
- Interact with customers that you encounter to ensure award-winning customer service
- Apply design skills and utilize design programs to maintain and enhance our electric grid
This job is responsible for routine engineering assignments involving basic engineering techniques. Employees in this role apply practical applications of engineering principles, practices, and procedures and work under close supervision with detailed instructions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs data analysis and basic engineering tasks for completion of small projects
- Performs basic engineering calculations required for simple designs
- Collects and evaluates data to recommend courses of action
- Assists more experienced engineers in the completion of large complex projects
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s - Engineering
- Experience: 0+ years