Associate Facility Assessor
We are looking for Associate Level Facilities Assessors to be based in Houston, Texas and travel around the US to support projects. You can expect up to 50% travel in this role. We are a dynamic organization and want our employees to grow with us and stay with us. We appreciate employees who want to advance in their career and we try to support that desire. We offer a career advancement plan for Assessors to move up into PM type of roles, as well as diverse work opportunities, the opportunity to travel and great mentorship! We recognize your accomplishments through coaching and promotions.
At Parsons, we are involved with planning, designing, assessing and constructing buildings all over the country. We enjoy our work and relish the opportunity to find innovative ways to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Balancing the budgetary, technical, and aesthetic concerns associated with planning, designing, and managing the construction of sustainable buildings is one of our specialties! We are now looking for Facilities Assessors, who are early in their career as Engineers or Architects, to join our team, to support our clients' capital improvement planning and facility master planning. Even if you lack the degree, but have 5 years' experience in building design and construction, we are interested in you! With your building expertise through school, and some experience, you can assist customers achieve these goals, by performing routine facility evaluations on internal and external structures, HVAC equipment and systems, site utilities, landscape and building aesthetics, sidewalks, foundations and pavement.
Our Facilities Assessors provide architectural/civil facility condition assessments, mechanical, electrical and plumbing assessments and aesthetic assessments, report on their findings and perform cost estimates for clients for recommended improvements.
- Locates, evaluates and reports on the current conditions of major building systems and their individual components. Conducts inventory of building components and identify deficient conditions for a variety of building types
- Provides written narrative descriptions about the general condition of systems.
- Provides quality control for field surveys, data input and report output.
- Communicates with management team on schedule and project status.
- Assists with the development of assessment findings report
- Completes data forms utilizing the UNIFORMAT II Classification standards
- Reviews and interprets drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management (or related field) is required with 2+ years of relevant building design, assessment or construction experience.
- Non-Degreed Assessors must have 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Prefer candidates with some level of experience performing Facilities Assessments on the building structures and foundations, as well as internal/external building systems, (HVAC, Plumbing, water systems, utilities), and areas outside of building (sidewalks, pavement, roads to building)
- Requires fundamental knowledge in the application of engineering and architectural design standards, practices, and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Requires a working knowledge of commercial construction codes and their application to existing facilities
- Knowledge of UNIFORMAT II Classifications for building specifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with American Disabilities Act, and building construction is preferred
- Ability to walk for long periods (6 to 8 hours/day) and climb ladders
- Willingness to travel up to 50% to other cities/states around the US.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award and release of funds. ***
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.