- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, in some cases, designing communication networks within an organization or between organizations
- Ability to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for their users. Users may be staff, clients, customers and suppliers. Networks can include: Computer, Voice, and Firewall.
Required Skill set:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast paced results oriented culture
- Excellent Communication Skills
Certificates: CCNA, MCSE/MCSA, Redhat
Windows: Windows server installation, Configuring and Troubleshooting, Installing updating Security patches, Remote administration Tools ILO
Linux: Linux Administration, Configuring DNS, RAID, and DHCP.
Network: TCP/ IP/ LAN/ WAN.