Engineer - Structural
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Thornton Tomasetti seeks talented Entry-level Engineers for our Seattle, WA office. Projects include both new construction and retrofit in cultural, education, high-rise, sports facilities, transportation, and government.
• Structural analysis, design and detailing of steel, concrete, masonry and timber systems
• Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines
• Preparation of construction documents within a BIM environment
• Undergraduate degree in engineering is required; a Master’s degree in structural or architectural engineering is strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.