Engineers have always been an integral part of Ford and they play a significant role in the systems that are designed and installed. The Field (Test) Engineer is responsible for the overall quality of our systems. This includes developing and implementing procedures for testing, evaluating and documenting the results for the installed audio, lighting, networking, or video systems. The Test Engineer is responsible for personally testing systems as well as overseeing the testing from the design and install team. The engineer may participates in training the customer.
- Define test plans/schedule and establish milestones for each project
- Create and maintain document methods and reports
- Ensure execution to meet schedule
- Work with install and design teams to test systems
- Prior Experience in Commercial AVL Installation Preferred
- Experience installing, configuring, and trouble-shooting AV equipment from various manufacturers – Biamp, Shure, Extron, etc. Preferred
- Ability to load, modify, and trouble-shoot code for AV control equipment (Crestron, Extron, AMX, etc.) and DSP (Biamp, QSC, BSS, ClearOne, Etc).” Preferred
- Team Player
- Solid leadership ability
- Ability to travel
- High standards for personal integrity, work ethic, professional presentation, and quality of work
- Excellent communication and PC skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Seeking long-term employment
- Ability to play a musical instrument and/ or read music is preferred
- Personal interest in acoustics, electronics, music, sound, lighting, and/or video systems desired
- Must possess and maintain a good driving record.
- Has a solid basic understanding of data networking
- Must be able to interpret blueprints
*Safety Sensitive Position*
Salary & Benefits: Ford offers a competitive compensation and benefits including: medical insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off (PTO), 401K (w/ matching fund), profit-sharing, and opportunities for advancement.
Ford is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- sensitive positions are subject to drug testing. Moreover, pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and/or post-accident drug testing may be conducted in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants for this position tentatively selected for employment at Ford are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.