Project Manager (In-Training)
The Ford AV Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned jobs from initiation until the final approval is received and the job is closed. The Ford AV Project Manager provides estimation review with sales personnel during pre-sale work of projects. They then effectively plan the initiation of the project by assessing the scope of the work and creating a detailed plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project. They determine the resources including the time, materials, equipment, manpower, etc required to complete the project. The PM develops a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities. They review and revise the project schedule as needed.
The PM monitors to insure an effective and efficient execution of the project. The PM executes the project according to the project plan, while documenting project activities. They also monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as needed to ensure the successful completion of the project. They must maintain a communication schedule with clients and other stakeholders to update them on the progress of the project. The PM frequently reviews the quality of the work completed, to ensure that it meets company standards.
The PM controls the project by monitoring and approving all budgeted project expenditures. They must evaluate the project to ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and to the specifications and satisfaction of the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Ability to Read and Interpret Construction and AV Drawings
- Ability to Travel
- Advanced PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Scheduling Software)
- Ability to Think and Work Independently and Meet Necessary Deadlines
- Extremely Organized – Excellent Follow-Up/ Follow-Thru
- Leadership Skills – Assertive and Decisive
- Prior Experience with Commercial Construction Preferred
- Experience With the Supervision and Management of Personnel Preferred
- Experience with Commercial Installation in the AV industry or Related Field Preferred
- CTS or CTS-I Certification Preferred
- OSHA Certification Preferred
- Audio DSP Platform Certification (Ex. Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom) Preferred
- Video Processing Platform Certification (Ex. Extron, Jupiter, Christie) Preferred
- Control System Platform Certification (Ex. AMX, Crestron, Extron) Preferred
*Safety Sensitive Position*
Salary & Benefits: Ford offers a competitive compensation and benefits including: medical insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off (PTO), 401K (w/ matching fund), profit-sharing, and opportunities for advancement.
Ford is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- sensitive positions are subject to drug testing. Moreover, pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and/or post-accident drug testing may be conducted in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants for this position tentatively selected for employment at Ford are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.