Revenue Management Analyst
Revenue Management Analyst
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The cruise industry provides a dynamic and competitive environment with extensive growth over the next decade. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a leader of this industry offering three cruise brands, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Cruises with a worldwide product offering. The Revenue Management (RM) Department plays a key role in our efforts to stay on top of this industry through yield maximization with responsibilities for strategic and tactical initiatives. As a member of the Revenue Management team, you will be responsible for optimizing revenue through development and implementation of inventory and pricing strategies. This includes analysis of large data sets to establish effective selling strategies, oversell strategies and determining the optimal market mix, including groups. You will have exposure to senior management and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Trade Support and Services and Reservations.
- Optimize yields through effective inventory management and pricing strategy
- Set pricing and inventory levels based on trend data
- Develop pricing and promotional strategy at the market and booking channel
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition
- Actively participate in daily pricing decisions
- Communicate weekly pricing and promotional strategies along with overall product performance to upper management
- Demonstrate sound judgment and resourcefulness in decision making and problem solving
- Makes timely decisions on promotional opportunities based on market demand and product needs
- Participate in annual Game Plan creation process, resulting in the overall product strategy.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters degree (MA) preferred
- Bachelors degree (BA) from four-year college or university required with focus in quantitative discipline preferred
- Two years related experience in financial / business analysis or related field preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of revenue management concepts and tools and demonstrate understanding of basic economics
- Previous experience in implementing system enhancements and decision making tools preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and analyze large volumes of data, make decisions and recommendations and independently implement decisions is required
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high quality, clear and concise presentations
- To perform this position successfully, the individual should be a self starter and be able to complete a project with little direction
- Furthermore, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and accurate manor
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and problem identification
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret revenue performance data
- Ability to make strategic and tactical decisions with large financial impacts with minimal supervision
- Ability to structure logically quantitative analyses of complex issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in global environment
- Strong Excel, Power point and Hyperion and basic Colonial/AS400 is required
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required and ability to manipulate data essential
- Knowledge of reservations system and revenue management data preferred but not required
- Attention to detail required
- Willingness to accept immediate product and project responsibility
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated maturity
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is the world's second largest cruise company, operating under Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises brands. These brands offer an array of onboard activities, services and amenities, including simulated surfing, swimming pools, sun decks, beauty salons, exercise and spa facilities, ice skating rinks, in-line skating, basketball courts, rock climbing walls, miniature golf courses, gaming facilities, lounges, bars, Las Vegas-style entertainment, cinemas and Royal Promenades, which include interior shopping, dining and an entertainment boulevard.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If this position does not sound like a good fit, please visit our careers site (rclcareers.com) where we have many more opening that could be a better fit for you!