Mechanical Engineer (Senior Level Project Manager)
LUSEO Group, a well-established and highly regarded international engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Professional Mechanical Engineer, to join their growing team in Miami as a Senior-Level Project Manager. This is a highly entrepreneurial opportunity for the right candidate to participate in the growth of LUSEO’s business in the Americas market and advance in their career.
• Manage mechanical engineering design of a wide range of building projects
• Engage and interact with clients including A&E firms, contractors and developers
• Serve as a primary point of contact between LUSEO’s USA-based project management team and our offshore design center
• Provide Quality Assurance / Quality Control on engineering submittals
• Provide construction administration site visits
• Participate in ad-hoc consulting or strategic advisory engagements relevant to mechanical engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related Engineering degree)
• Professional Engineering License in the State of Florida (or license elsewhere in the United States with ability to obtain Florida license through reciprocity)
• 10 - 15 years of experience in building engineering consulting.
• Highly technically proficient and well-versed in the specification and design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection projects in a variety of disciplines, preferably including hospitality and commercial buildings.
• Experience in leading and managing a technical staff.
• Strong level of project management capability, polished business acumen, and the ability to maintain and foster relationships with clients.
• Strong knowledge of U.S. regulatory code including ASHRAE, NEC, and NFPA is required.
• Experience performing computer generated HVAC load calculations using programs such as Trane Trace is preferred.
• Experience with Revit is also preferred.
• Fluency in English is required. Additional fluency in Spanish and French is preferred.
• Must be willing to travel (moderate level of domestic travel to project sites / team meetings and occasional international travel to corporate offices)