About Ankura: Ankura is an expert services firm defined by HOW we solve challenges. Whether a client is facing an immediate business challenge, trying to increase the value of their company or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops, and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise. We build on this experience with every case, client, and situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever-changing business environment. This gives our clients unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. At Ankura, we know that collaboration drives results.
Position: Associate, Construction
Locations: Miami, FL
Position Summary: As a Construction Associate, you will develop analytical skills while being immersed in the world of client services. Construction Associates work directly with project team leaders and experts, assisting our experts in performing the detailed analyses required to provide Advisory and/or Dispute Resolution Services for our clients. Associates perform project schedule, cost, productivity and/or statistical analyses as well as assist with review of key project issues through document review and database creation/management. Our Associates often have opportunities early in their careers to work directly in client-facing roles, assisting clients with the complex challenges of planning, constructing, completing and resolving disputes for some of the largest construction projects around the world in industries including; Transportation(Air, Rail, Highway), Power, Oil-Gas, Manufacturing, High-Rise, Stadiums, etc...
• Supporting detailed analyses of project schedule delays, cost overruns, productivity, contracts, change orders and other issues related to design and construction
• Assisting in the development and acquisition of work engagements
• Assisting in the research and analyzing project cost records
• Analyzing financial statements and other pertinent documentation
• Reconciling claim amounts to accounting systems and to insurers’ calculations
• Using Ankura’s proprietary tools in the development of claim methodology and work product
• Developing computer models of schedules, contractor production rates and costs using various
• Assisting with data gathering activities including document review and supervision, and quality
control of data entry activities
• Supervising appropriate personnel including analysts, less experienced associates, client
personnel, clerical support, and others as appropriate
• Demonstrating proper documentation of work product
• Preparing client communications for senior level review
• Coordinating administrative functions including time tracking and bill preparation
• Supporting the Construction practice’s recruiting efforts through participation in campus events
and office interview
• Supporting the Construction practice's development efforts
• Monitoring individual chargeability and proactively seeking assignments to maintain projected
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Engineering, Management,
Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Mathematics, or related discipline
• 0 - 1 Years of experience in the construction and engineering industries
• Must be bilingual English/Spanish
• Proficient in MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access
• Proficiency with Primavera Project Planner and project scheduling technique experience is highly
• Experience in damages and investigative work focused on contractual disputes, claims, and
• Ability to research, including the use of the internet and other information sources, and a solid
knowledge base in their course of study
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Efficient, flexible, and creative problem-solving skills, a high level of motivation, and excellent
analytical and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel and work overtime when needed
Practice Summary: Ankura’s Construction professionals are recognized as leading experts in providing construction dispute resolution and advisory services for some of the world’s most complex construction projects. Ankura’s construction experts provide services to clients on construction projects across all industries to avoid, manage and mitigate execution risks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Construction Dispute Resolution: Our experts provide analysis of complex issues in construction disputes, including robust delay and cost analyses, to determine the root-cause of issues experienced on the project. Conclusions are presented in a clear, concise and objective manner to assist parties in the dispute resolution process.
- Advisory Services: Our experts draw upon vast industry experience and lessons learned through dispute resolution experience to provide risk management, project management, planning and cost advisory services to parties at an early stage in the construction project lifecycle.
Ankura is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment Opportunities at Ankura are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential function of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment opportunity governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.