Civil Engineer (0-2 years of experience), Destin/Fort Walton Area, FL
For additional information and/or to submit an application online for immediate consideration, please visit us at www.avconinc.com.
As part of a design team, the primary responsibilities of the Engineer are small and large infrastructure planning and design, stormwater design and permitting, pavement evaluations and designs, site and facilities design, commercial site development layouts, utility system design, and related services. Duties also include generating engineering reports, preparation of project specifications, assembling permit applications (City, County, and State) and providing engineering oversight during construction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (may include but are not limited to):
• Assists in the various design elements to complete a project, system, component, or system with other team members with clear and specified objectives involving conventional types of plans, surveys, investigations, structures, and/or equipment.
• Assists in the preparation of complete project documentation to include plans, specifications, and engineer estimates including the collection, assembling, and organizing of project data.
• Evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to project assignments; formulates and solves problems with guidance and direction.
• Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work; works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects using time efficiently to stay within budget and deliver on time.
• Assists in the preparation of project scopes, tasks, budgets, and schedules.
• Assists with proposals including bid documents, project reports, studies, and other documentation.
• Receives direction on key objectives; receives guidance on unconventional or complex programs, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little or no advanced notice.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• 0-2 years’ experience.
• Working knowledge with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and clients.
• Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow-up on assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentially and protect privileged client information and documents appropriately.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively in a high-volume office environment under pressure of heavy deadlines.
• Knowledge of correct English usage including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
• Valid drivers’ license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record.
• Engineer in Training (EIT), preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AVCON, INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AVCON complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
AVCON expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AVCON’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AVCON prides itself on partnering with clients, colleagues, and peers in Transforming Today’s Ideas into Tomorrow’s Reality.