Entry-Level Transportation Engineers - NATIONWIDE
Arcadis is looking for Junior Traffic/Transportation Engineers to join our growing transportation engineering group.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and independent professional to join our team locally with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country. In this position you will utilize your technical knowledge as part of our local project team, developing innovative solutions throughout the national market. This is an excellent opportunity with great potential for growth!
Position responsibilities could include:
- Engineering design including geometric design of highways and streets, rail design, drainage design (hydrology and hydraulics) and completion of construction engineering and inspection tasks.
- Development of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects.
- Infrastructure projects related to water resources, such as levees, floodgates, hydraulic structures, erosion prevention and sediment control and other stormwater projects.
- Engineering design for numerous roadway projects including collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways and interstates.
- Prepare construction plans and project displays
- Assist in roadway design including roadway alignments, cross-sections, drainage, maintenance of traffic and erosion and sedimentation control.
- Prepare cost estimates, reports and technical memos
- Complete transportation planning reports, roadway safety studies and general traffic engineering projects.
- Collecting, compiling and analyzing data including traffic, highway and crash histories
- Assisting in the development of models, figures, reports, and engineering plans for designs
- Operational analysis using microscopic simulation for intersections, corridors, and interchange traffic.
- Collecting field data, which could include conducting field observations
- Use of various software platforms including Microstation, Geopak, ArcGIS, CAD and Synchro.
- Prepare memorandums summarizing analysis work.
This is a general job posting and not tied to a specific current open position. Please make sure you create a search agent to be alerted of specific opportunities of interest. Candidates who submit their resume to this posting may be considered for all future openings as they arise.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in Civil, Transportation or other closely related fields.