Entry-Level Structural Engineer - Tampa, FL
Arcadis is currently searching for a Structural Engineer, to join our world-class firm in Tampa, FL.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The Structural Engineer, with the support of a strong nationally recognized technical staff, will utilize their education and technical knowledge of structural design & construction engineering, to successfully execute projects within the Municipal & Industrial Water / Wastewater and Water Resources infrastructure design & construction engineering consulting markets to help build and grow our practice.
The ideal candidate will be performance-driven, team-oriented and client-focused with strong written/verbal communication skills and an impressive work ethic. Candidate must have a strong educational background and the ability to work productively and cooperatively in a team environment.
Desired Skills / Attributes:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or REVIT software.
- Experience utilizing STAAD and other structural software
- Working knowledge of building codes and standards such as IBC, ACI, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work on water/wastewater design engineering and construction projects; responsible for the production of design calculations, technical reports, permitting, detailed design and engineering plans and specifications for Water / Wastewater projects including; plant upgrades, storage facilities, pipelines, stormwater systems, pump stations, and distribution/collection systems.
- Organize and conduct structural related engineering investigations and planning work which has a well-defined scope.
- Research feasibility of alternative designs, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Work effectively in team situations and establish strong relationships with other teams where collaboration on client project work is needed.
- Develop calculations, plans, specifications, requests for proposals, and other contract documents.
- Work directly with a variety of engineering disciplines, office/project staff, client, and sub-contractors, throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
- Exercise judgment on details of work, making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Manage time and ensure timely delivery of engineering and construction drawings and specifications for projects.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards.
- Some travel may be required to support project need,
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or closely related field
- EIT or ability to obtain within 1 year from hire
- Previous experience in Engineering Consulting, or in a role that required client involvement and/or relationship skills as part of the project team.
- MS in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience with Mathcad
- Experience with water/wastewater facility and/or heavy industrial structural analysis and design
- Advanced understanding of AutoCAD/REVIT software