Entry- Level Hydraulic Modeler / Water Engineer - Cleveland, OH or Akron, OH
rcadis is seeking an Entry-Level Water Engineers / Hydraulic Modelers, to join our world class firm in our Akron, OH and Cleveland, OH offices.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and independent engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country. In this position you will gain experience and technical knowledge of water distribution, wastewater collection and stormwater systems modeling as well as design and construction. You will also assist the project teams in executing projects and developing project pursuits within the local, regional and national municipal market of this office, to help build and grow our practice.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform engineering activities for water distribution, wastewater collection system and stormwater modeling, evaluations, investigations, planning, feasibility studies, design and construction.
- Fieldwork could include, for example, conducting site visits, sampling, analyzing data for water quality, investigating hydraulic structures and pump stations, and evaluating condition assessments and overall performance at water/wastewater/stormwater facilities.
- Develop and reviews technical reports and cost estimates for projects.
- Exercise independent judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Work may also include a variety of other w/ww infrastructure, including water and wastewater treatment and water / wastewater facilities design, utilities assessments and design.
- Assist others with defining scope of work and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a strong understanding of business line and industry requirements.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis’ practices and quality and safety standards.
- Facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of project deliverables.
- Regular participation with industry Association’s; attending workshops, making presentations and reviewing professional publications.
Desired Skills/ Attributes
- Hydraulic modeling & engineering experience for evaluations, investigations, planning, feasibility studies and modeling (SWMM & C++ experience preferred) of water distribution, wastewater collection and stormwater systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; public speaking/presenting, effective communication with team members, clients and other stakeholders
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related Engineering field of study
- MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Experience with SWMM and GIS
- Engineer in Training Certification (EIT) or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Previous internship experience with an engineering consulting firm, municipality or other closely related work