Project Manager - Electrical Engineer
Facilities Engineering & Architectural Services (FEAS) is a department within Campus Operations. FEAS is responsible for development of the real property of the University. All the traditional services of urban planners, architects, engineers and other design disciplines are managed by the department including design and construction on new buildings and renovations of existing facilities including campus utility infrastructure.
- Provides critical infrastructure and building planning support from an electrical engineering perspective
- Hire and manage external designers and contractors that design and construct or renovate facilities and infrastructure on campus
- Project management of scope, budget, and schedule
- Minimize disruption of on-going University activities
- Work may require considerable contact with user groups or the public to explain standards and regulations, provide consultation and technical assistance, and determine the feasibility of project implementation or continuation
- Work performed includes exercising judgment and decision-making that directly affects life, health, safety and/or the environment.
- Support the electrical engineering needs of other project managers on an as-needed basis.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in the engineering discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience Some positions may require licensure by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.