Research Hydraulic Engineer
The incumbent will be stationed at the ERDC-CHL, Coastal Engineering Branch, Vicksburg, MS and operate in a resource-rich work environment with specific duties that include:
· Serves as a Research Hydraulic Engineer with responsibilities in research, development and technology transfer supporting dredge operations performance and dredging process models.
· Using specialized knowledge and skills, works with members of the Coastal Engineering Branch and other ERDC scientists and engineers to develop and conduct research on sediment transport, hydrodynamics, dredging operations technology performance and dredging process model development.
· The Research Hydraulic Engineer will develop and apply innovative analysis, design methods, and equipment operation technology to inland, estuarine, coastal, and ocean projects, involving marinas and harbors, inlets, navigation channel maintenance and improvement, coastal structures and dredging projects, and restoration of shorelines, beaches, dunes, barrier islands, lagoons, and estuarine wetlands.
· The individual is anticipated to grow and develop new and emerging dredging operations support programs related to the missions of the Coastal Engineering Branch, the Navigation Division, and the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory.
· Writes proposals, technical reports and peer-reviewed publications, attends and presents research at scientific conferences, and communicates with Program Managers, sponsors and other researchers.