Meltpoint Plastics International, Inc. is a plastic custom profile extrusion company. Meltpoint provides engineering design assistance and manufactures extruded plastic profiles for multiple industries while remaining focused on fenestration (window, door, curtain wall, railing) applications. We are looking for a candidate to join our team as a Project Engineer. This is an entry level position with potential for growth. The Project Engineer in this position will have dual responsibilities performing functions related to part design and quality control.
Meltpoint Plastics International, Inc. was established in 2000 and is recognized in the industry for providing problem solving ideas, consistent quality of products made and a high level of attention and service to its customer base. We offer a competitive compensation package with opportunity for financial growth and responsibilities within the organization.
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume.
Location: Miami, Florida
Job Function and Responsibilities:
· Review and update blueprints as required to keep required specifications current
· Review blueprints provided by customers and confirm that requested dimensional tolerances are attainable in the manufacturing process
· Reverse engineer parts by taking existing samples provided by customers and make drawings of those parts using AutoCad
· Provide daily follow up and review documentation by using best quality practices to ensure that engineering and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the right tools, materials, processes
· Respond to customer quality issues by
· Monitor quality of incoming and outgoing products by analyzing measurements and documenting production processes
· Work with manufacturing to identify non-conforming parts and document events and corrective actions for each non-conformance
· Strong communication skills demonstrating the ability to present ideas clearly
· Analysis/Critical thinking/Problem solving skills/Pays attention to details/Able to follow work description procedures consistently
· Project management style approach for follow up and completion of assigned projects and ongoing development work
· Team player with the ability to work independently
· Self-motivated and driven to begin and complete tasks
· Proficient in the use of AutoCad, Solid Works or similar engineering design software
· Proficient in Office Suite
· Must speak and write proficiently in English. Spanish is a strong plus
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree or ongoing studies in an engineering discipline such as Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, or Materials. Business to business experience or related work experience is a plus.