Project Engineer Mechanical NPD
Project Engineer Mechanical NPD
Location: Kohler, WI
KOHLER Power Systems, one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. KOHLER Power Systems offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about KOHLER Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
The Project Engineer New Product Development (NPD) provides technical direction and project leadership in the development of generator sets.Technical scope includes a working knowledge of thermodynamics, internal combustion engines, static and dynamic stress analysis as well as an understanding of electrical theory. The Engineer coordinates and guides efforts of Engineering Analysts and Lab Technicians.Choose materials and components which result in high quality, high performance, and cost-effective generators. The role researches new and applies proven technology to designs. Position requires a self-motivated, individual with a sense of urgency toward project completion and a drive to maintain engineering excellence. Must be willing to work in a matrix environment and be able to manage multiple projects or tasks. Projects are expected to be completed on schedule and within financial commitments.
- Assist in establishing product requirements with Marketing Product Mangers.Use those requirements to create functional specification establishing design targets.
- Create project timelines using Microsoft Project software.Provide preliminary project spending estimates.Work with marketing to present project business case.
- Provide technical and design direction to Engineering Analysts, and other Engineers. Design assigned generator sets to meet performance and cost criteria.
- Approve the selection of all major purchased components (i.e. radiators, fans, air cleaners, engines, etc.) and support the selection with sound engineering calculations.
- Work with accounting and procurement functions to track actual project spending and product costs keeping them within prescribed boundaries.
- Validate designs through testing to meet performance, reliability, and durability targets.
- Support, maintain and update existing product designs.
- Use project management skills to keep projects on schedule.
- Provide concise and timely status reports on the progress of each assigned project.
- Lead continual improvement initiatives to streamline internal business processes and support system upgrades.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program is required.
- 2+ years mechanical engineering experience with development of new consumer or industrial products highly preferred.
- Pursuit or completion of an MBA (Masters Business Administration) or MSEM (Masters Engineering Management) a plus.
- Educational courses or experience related to internal combustion engines, power generation, or genset experience a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and leadership as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.