Geospatial Data Modeling
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Geospatial Data Modeling Team Member with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Raleigh, NC.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Developing geospatial data models to predict the occurrence of PFAS in the environment;
- Participating as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- GIS (Geographic Information System) processing of data layers;
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC.
Salary: $28.99 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
· Demonstrated education and/or experience in GIS (geographic information systems), geospatial data compilation and analysis;
· Experience using geographic information system software; and
· Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
· Experience using ArcPro, ArcGIS, R, Python and machine learning.
What the EPA project is about
Perflourinated chemicals (“PFAS”) are emerging contaminants of concern and a high priority topic for EPA. The goal of this research is to map and model PFAS occurrence and exposure patterns using advanced geospatial algorithms and technology.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Master’s degree in the fields of geospatial science, data analytics, geography, ecology, environmental science, geosciences or a related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org