Research Engineer (logistics, ops research-related)
The incumbent will join a multi-disciplinary team comprised of CRREL, ERDC, other government agencies, industry, universities, and other non-federal laboratories conducting R&D to support the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), better known as the “Amazon for the Department of Defense.” In this team, you will support DLA as they embark on a 5 year modernization plan (as well as other Federal agencies down the road) on topics to include:
· Modeling / simulation (analyze component system changes such as auto-store and pick technologies, robotics deliveries on installations, other challenges);
· Inventory control modernization (improve and automate inventory control across 24 Dist. Centers);
· Process optimization & analysis (analyze inefficient processes to increase delivery speed, other);
· 3D mapping (seamless map inside, outside warehouse to include installation-level, with multiple data layers to inform various decisions);
· IT upgrades (warehouse management system changes, data architecture, other).
We are very flexible on what projects you can be contributing to as we are rapidly growing in a number of areas with a variety of Federal customers, so email to setup an interview and see if you're a good fit in one or more areas!
Initial pay set to match degree level and external experiences and other qualifications. Likely range $50-90k(+) initially. Apply for more information on career paths, promotions, benefits of being a Federal employee, and other related information.
The U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) is one of the most diverse engineering and scientific organizations in the world. Provides high quality, responsive engineering and environmental research and development support to the Army and Nation. As part of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers team, ERDC develops innovative science and technology solutions to support warfighting, infrastructure, environmental, water resources and disaster operations. It consists of seven laboratories at four geographical sites in Vicksburg, MS; Champaign, IL; Hanover, NH; and Alexandria, VA. ERDC employs more than 2,000 engineers, scientists and support personnel. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at http://www.erdc.usace.army.mil/Locations/CRREL.aspx.
About Our Location:
Hanover, New Hampshire. The crown jewel of the Upper Connecticut River Valley, Hanover has been called by Money Magazine the number one town in the East among “smaller places that offer the best combination of economic opportunity, good school, safe streets, things to do and a real sense of community.” For additional information about Hanover, please see: http://hanoverchamber.org/.