Structural Engineer- Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (94080)
The ideal candidate will be a part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing structural calculations, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and energy markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, as well as oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery. Kiewit Engineering Group’s Construction Engineering Services (CES) department develops, analyzes, and designs cost-effective solutions that enable projects to be built safely and efficiently. A few examples of the design work our CES group performs include: structures erection and demolition planning, heavy lift hoisting and jacking, Accelerated Bridge Construction techniques, excavation support, marine engineering, temporary bridge & trestle, and project on-site design engineering support. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. The vast experiences gained at each project help our staff share innovative concepts, and best practices across all projects that we support. We are focused on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed our client’s expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages continuous education training to develop your skills, and tailor your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, joining Kiewit will ensure a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is seeking an Early Career Structural Design Engineer for our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group located in Lenexa, KS; Omaha, NE; Englewood, CO; Houston, TX.
- Design of temporary structures includes; formwork/falsework design, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges and crane trestles, heavy crane lift planning, Accelerated Bridge Construction techniques, personnel access and fall protection systems, erection and demolition planning, marine engineering, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, etc. Perform calculations and structural designs
- Ensure accuracy of the design drawings
- Produce engineering design cost estimates
- Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to current design codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
- Have an in depth understanding of the strength, mechanics and behaviors of typical construction materials. Clearly communicate and transfer structural designs and ideas to contract drawings
- Help identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
- Other responsibilities could include: Project on-site design engineering support, on-site inspections, training and mentoring peers, etc.
- Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering preferred
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
- 0 - 4 years of relevant engineering experience
- EIT licensure or eligibility within the United States
- Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
- Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
- Experience with working in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Developing interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments