PLEASE BE SURE TO APPLY THROUGH OUR BAMBOO HR LINK, APPLICATIONS ON HANDSHAKE MAY NOT BE EVALUATED IN A TIMELY MANNER OR MAY BE DECLINED WITHOUT REVIEW.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elite Earthworks and Engineering (EEE) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: EEE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at EEE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EEE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. EEE encourages applicants of all ages.
The function of a Foreman is to manage the utilization of equipment and personnel on a job site to maximize job profitability and meet performance objectives. S/he plans and maintains job schedules, develops and implements strategies, measures progress and identifies and solves problems affecting operations including scheduling, equipment, personnel, and quality.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the company and communicate with others at varying technical levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good documentation skills. Understanding and knowledge of budgets and job costing.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven team leader capabilities and supervision experience.
- Ability to make complex, immediate, and flexible decisions.
- Sales and negotiations experience.
- Able to read plans and perform your own staking and layout.
- Proper job site attire, including safety boots and vest, gloves, coveralls, etc.
- 3 years of field management experience in the industry.
- Proficient in use of laser levels. GPS Rover, GPS Machine Control
- Hand tools including shovel, hatchet and/or hammer, and folding ruler.
- Hand tools including pick, sledge hammer, 25 foot tape measure, and banjo.
- Tool belt and hand tools including hand level, stopwatch/timer, and 100 foot tape measure.
- A Bachelors Degree in construction management, civil engineering, project management, and operations management are preferred. Other management majors may be considered with proper substitution of experience.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with the Company code of conduct.
- Create a positive work environment and attitude building supportive morale
- Document "lessons learned" and share with other employees, as appropriate.
- Enforce and adhere to ethical business practices.
- Enforce and adhere to the codes of the company's Mission Statement.
- Identify any issues to superior (document if possible).
- Report and correct unsafe working conditions.
- Assist all direct subordinates in developing proper reporting to regulate their functional areas effectively.
- Assist with interviewing and testing new employees as required.
- Audit internal company procedures, policies and expenditures to protect against wasteful, inefficient or fraudulent practices on an ongoing basis.
- Complete initial 6 week and semi-annual performance reviews of all direct subordinates and update their job descriptions.
- Create and update procedures on tasks relating to the duties of this position.
- Develop cross training programs with defined actions and goals for all subordinates and coach direct subordinates to improved levels of performance.
- Ensure all direct subordinates are scheduling their workload appropriately, maximizing productive time and allowing all employees to meet management's expectations.
- Ensure all workers are working diligently, efficiently, accurately, and safely.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring. Train, motivate, supervise and discipline (excluding termination) all direct subordinates.
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Recommend compensation increases/decreases within established guidelines for each position under your direct report.
- Understand all equipment capabilities and equipment costs in order to calculate hourly production rates and unit costs.
- Ensure that grades are checked and direct equipment as required.
- Familiar with set up, benching in, and use of EL-1 type lasers, Trimble GPS systems
- Maintain familiarity with the proper operation of all equipment.
- Offsets staking and blue topping from surveyors layout.
- Monitor basic machine maintenance, including fluid checks, oil and lube, greasing, etc. and mechanical repairs, as necessary.
- Read plans, perform elevation calculations as required (e.g. between grid breaks), stake and lay out from plans.
- Report all equipment problems to the Mechanic
- Take advantage of opportunities to promote Elite in order to generate interest in the company.