PLEASE BE SURE TO APPLY THROUGH OUR BAMBOO HR LINK, APPLICATIONS ON HANDSHAKE MAY NOT BE EVALUATED IN A TIMELY MANNER.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elite Earthworks and Engineering (EEE) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: EEE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at EEE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EEE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. EEE encourages applicants of all ages.
The function of an Estimator is to examine plans and reports, project sites and research costs associated with prospective jobs to create bids. He/She may also assist with the negotiation of job contracts, as required.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the company and communicate with others at varying technical levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good documentation skills.
- Creativity and initiative.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Sales and negotiations experience.
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word, etc.
- Computer takeoff skills, including Civil Image, Agtek, Carlson or similar.
- A Bachelors Degree in civil engineering, drafting, architecture, project management, operations management, or construction management are preferred. Other degree concentrations may be considered. A college degree is not required with proper substitution of experience.
The Estimator reports to President. The Take-Off Technician reports to the Project Estimator.
- The following are principal authorities granted to the Estimator: Exercise the responsibilities and perform the duties of this position.
- This includes full decision-making authority for all responsibilities and/or duties.
- Set authority levels for direct reports (as long as authorities do not exceed your level).
- Accept or reject bids. Based upon Presidents recommendation.
- Contact prospects for additional information required for bid preparation.
- Spend up to $200 per month in petty expenses for estimating.
The following are principal responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Enter plans into records: Bid log book, allocate a bid number.
- Examine plan, soils report, project specification, project bid guidelines and measure quantities.
- Input and edit all design ground files during bid.
- Input and edit natural ground.
- Run cross sections and 3-D representations when necessary.
- Maintain Skills and Proficiency in Takeoff Software, including upgrades.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with the G.K. Backlund code of conduct.
- Create a positive work environment and attitude building supportive morale.
- Document "lessons learned" and share with other employees, as appropriate.
- Enforce and adhere to ethical business practices.
- Enforce and adhere to the codes of the company's Mission Statement.
- Identify any issues to superior (document if possible).
- Maintain clean work area and clean office as required.
- Organize plan rack: confirm job number, roll plans together, label and staple tag, and store in appropriate box, for bids and estimates.
- Perform other duties as directed by the President.
- Report and correct unsafe working conditions.
- Create and update procedures on tasks relating to the duties of this position.
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Take advantage of opportunities to promote Elite in order to generate interest in the company.
- Identify new customers or markets that may be available to Elite.
- Obtain lowest pricing on materials to provide a competitive bid.
- Solicit Subcontractors for lowest responsive bids as necessary.